Monday, April 12, 2010

Guess who is 30??








Ryan!! Ryan turned 30 on April 6. On his birthday we were schelduled to be in Vegas for work meetings. So I wanted to make his birthday special, so I thought why not a early suprise..?? Thats what we did. I had his buddies from softball come down for a weekend of fun without him knowing. It was so funny because he had planned to play softball but i told he couldn't because I had planned something special for the weekend.. Ry was real sweet and gathered up all his courage and cancelled softball for me. His buddies (Bucky, Beau and Jaime, Tyler and Carly) arrived at 11pm Thursday night. When Ryan opened the door he was so suprised it took him a while to gather his thoughts. We had such a blast. I got us all tickets to the freeway series Dodgers vs Angels. We held up signs for Rys birthday never made it on the megascreen darn it, I think Ry was a little embarrassed by me. We also hit the beach for a mad game of sand volleyball, ate some delicious sprinkle cupcakes, bargained at the swampmeet, got 20$ massages, and blew out thirty candles at PF Changs. It was so fun and hopefully worth missing softball. I love my 30 yr old Ryan!!Im so glad our friends made the trip for the big 3..0..suprise party!! After the big weekend we traveled to Cody and Amys and had a Birthday / Easter Dinner. It was so fun to be with the family in Vegas. The food was delicious it was great to see everyone and spend a evening with the Hughes Fam!!!Collin and Kenzie are so dang cute!!.. and Howie .(thats was for Amber=)

7 comments:

  1. What a fun surprise Mindy! Happy B-day Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Ryan liked his surprise! Looks like you guys had a great time. You are so sweet Mindy. It worked out nice for you to be in Vegas so you could spend Easter with Ry's family and celebrate his "big 3 0". Liked all the pics and of course your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPPER!!! Wish we could've been there to celebrate with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindz...way to plan the best birthday ever! You're the best wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to see you when you came to Vegas! Sorry it was such a short visit. Looks like you had a fun time for Ryan's birthday. Good job Mindy, planning a fun surprise. We will have to come and visit after Amber's wedding, when we have some free time. I keep promising Kenz we are going to go see Uncle Ryan and Aunt Mindy and go to DISNEYLAND! But after the summer, when the crowds die down!
    Love you guys! Miss you!
    Mama Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy I agree with everyone, what a fun suprise. Thanks for inviting us we had so much fun. We're going to have to do it again. We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy, your so cute. I bet that was so much fun, I love Cali. And Happy late Birthday Ryan. I just found your blog from mindy hughes. Anyways, Cute!

    ReplyDelete